Greentree Job Cost Management
10 Key Features
Accurate Job Cost Management is essential in ensuring the profitability of your business – MYOB Greentree gives you the tools you need to effectively manage job cost.
Greentree gives your business the agility it needs to respond to customer needs more effectively and profitably than ever before.
These 10 Key Features of the Greentree Job Cost Management module will enable your organisation to get the visibility and financial insight you need to take the lead.
- Pre-defined templates. Using pre-defined templates when creating jobs makes it quick and easy when you have multiple jobs with the same basic parameters. Using special number ranges, including prefix and suffix additions, can be used to track jobs common attributes.
- Multiple customers. Assigning multiple customers to a job using a split sales function allows distribution and the ability to pro-rata job costs across customers prior to invoicing.
- Project jobs. Project-based businesses and project managers can track actual and estimate activity by project and phases, at the summary or detailed level. A parent job can be set-up with multiple sub-jobs, each contributing to the profitability of the parent job.
- Price books. Multiple price books can be created to work out the selling price for labour and material costs. Sell rates and mark-up percentages can be set up for specific jobs, activities, items, or employees. These can also be combined with inventory price books to improve flexibility when pricing jobs.
- Margin percentage. A margin percentage can be used to accurately track a job’s ongoing profitability.
- Bulk invoicing. Creating proforma invoices in bulk reduces the time spent on this task by accounts and removes repetition. When approved, they can be easily converted to sales invoices in bulk –saving more time, improving productivity and increasing accuracy
- Plant charges. Greentree performs an important function of tracking how much it’s costing you to keep your plant and equipment running. The costs of equipment used on jobs, including plant hire and maintenance costs can be recorded and sale prices updated to ensure costs are being recouped.
- Microsoft project® interface. Customers using Microsoft Project for your task and resource planning have access to a user-friendly interface between MYOB Greentree and MS Project including:
- Easy to follow wizards
- Update information back and forth between MYOB Greentree and MS Project
- Quickly set up MS Project plan resources from selected MYOB Greentree job cost employees
- Create and update Job Estimates from a MS Project plan
- Create Service Requests directly from MS Project plan tasks and update the percentage of work completed progressively
- MYOB Greentree user security is applied ensuring user database validation rules and security functions are respected.
- Integration with other MYOB Greentree modules. As a modular system, Greentree builds on and integrates with all other modules providing powerful ERP functionality. This ensures all intelligence is extracted from every transaction right across the business. In addition, Greentree’s modular system provides business-wide value, using only the modules that best suit your organisation.
- Real time integration. Job costing integrates in real-time with these MYOB Greentree modules:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Greentree IQ (Powered by QlikView)
- Purchase Orders
- Fixed Assets
- Sales and Marketing
- Service and Asset Management
- Approvals and Alerts.
Ndevr applies our 20 years of experience to each and every project and, using MYOB Greentree, we help our customers by providing a business system that delivers vital information to drive business performance and assist you in making sound, fact based decisions.
Our experience working with all types of customers, including manufacturing businesses, professional service organisations, and service organisations, demonstrates the positive impact of effective job cost management across both operational and financial disciplines.
In next weeks EDM, we’ll cover Advanced Job Cost Features. In the meantime, if you’d like more information on Greentree or Ndevr, please contact:
Rob Sheldrick – Business Development Manager – email@example.com