JD Edwards 9.2 Code Currency Managed Services
The release of Oracle’s JD Edwards 9.2 ERP has been a game changer for both the ERP industry and for end users of this incredible ERP software. What it has meant is a continual stream of updates and product enhancements covering both the functional and technical aspects of the software. Oracle has delivered ongoing enhancements every quarter since the launch of 9.2 in 2015.
For customers the continual release of JD Edwards Tools and Functional enhancements provides maximum flexibility around the deployment of updates in their own instances.
Oracle has confirmed that the Continuous Delivery approach will provide users with planned updates until at least 2032, and that this model avoids the large, disruptive and often costly, traditional approach to ERP upgrades.
Ndevr supports Oracle “Continuous Delivery” with our “Continuously Code Current (CCC)” approach available to all our JD Edwards customers.
Benefits of Ndevr’s JD Edwards Continuously Code Current Service
- Your business can work to a predictable, pre-planned update schedule
- Updates are delivered faster and more frequently
- Improvements are implemented faster and more efficiently
- Your organisation can take advantage of new functionality faster
- Enterprise and IT Risk is reduced because any vulnerabilities are patched by a Tools Update
- Testing is automated and completed in 25% of the effort of manual testing
- We apply industry best practice and significant industry experience
- Our experienced team has direct knowledge of your business
Our JD Edwards Continuous Code Current Process
To help our customers take advantage of the new Continuous Delivery model, and maintain a current JD Edwards release, Ndevr provide a “Continuously Code Current (CCC)” approach that includes Application Software Updates (ASUs) and Tools Releases (TRs).
Automated Tools To Reduce Costs
ASUs deliver new application functionality while TRs deliver new functionality and patches for security vulnerabilities.
In addition to the application of ASUs and TRs, Ndevr will utilise an automated tool to minimise the effort and costs associated with testing.
This automated tool performs object usage analysis, impact analysis and testing and can result in man-hour savings of up to 85%.
JD Edwards Test Scripts Catalogue
To ensure full test coverage for automated testing, both the Ndevr consulting team and your users will generate a defined catalogue of test scripts.
This catalogue is maintained to validate the future use of the test scripts for testing alterations in business processes, JD Edwards features and functionality, or general business process changes.
After the JD Edwards ASUs and TRs are applied the testing tool will be used to automatically run and record the results of the test scripts.
Some manual checking may still be required e.g. contents of interface files, reports and BI Publisher or other form output changes.
Ndevr will work with you to define an appropriate update frequency.
As part of our Continuous Code Currency Support, at agreed intervals Ndevr will:
- Identify all available updates
- Verify the Test Catalogue is up to date
- Perform an Impact Analysis and estimate of retrofit effort
- Apply the updates, retrofit any required modifications and perform unit tests
- Manage the promotion of the updates to the User Acceptance environment
- Perform the testing using an automated testing tool and publish results
- Assist with additional testing where required
- Promote the updates to Production