How Your Business Will Benefit from ERP Solutions
Investing in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is one of the most important decisions a business can make to improve day-to-day operations and set the foundation for scalable business growth. ERP systems are critical to the running of any successful company, because they align business operations to well defined, tested and repeatable business processes.
Here at Ndevr, we provide leading ERP solutions that are designed to achieve maximum efficiency for your organisation. As IT and business process management specialists, we use our deep industry experience and technical expertise to help our clients automate and streamline their business processes. Our ERP programs include JD Edwards ERP, NetSuite and MYOB Advanced. Each of these programs have been shown to have a wide range of benefits for businesses across many industries.
It’s no secret that many businesses use ERP to manage their data and operations. However, many companies don’t understand what ERP actually is. The right platform can help your organisation to run more efficiently and also improve your profit levels. Before we get into why it’s so important for companies to adopt this kind of system, let’s start by defining what ERP actually is.
What is ERP Software?
ERP, otherwise known as Enterprise Resource Planning software, is, broadly speaking, a suite of business applications that fulfill the major businesses processes across the different areas of your business; such as quote to invoice, or lead to order. Every application is integrated via a single centralised database ensuring that everyone in your business is using the same data in real time. The reason you need ERP software is because it makes you define each business process, creating rigour and repeatable processes, this is ultimately what enables your business to grow.
The repeatable, well defined processes, in turn, allow you to introduce automation to your shop floor and to your administration, which allows you to scale and streamline your operations – everything from the entry of orders to sales invoicing. An ERP software system allows you to manage your inventory, finances, HR and employee onboarding, manufacturing operations, warehousing and distribution, and other areas of your business. It allows you to keep track of orders, your customers, your suppliers, procurement, job cost management, services delivery and more. It’s a tool for integrating all of the relevant business processes to work seamlessly together.
ERP is used across a range of different industries, removing the need for out-of-date, inefficient systems that slow you down. Here we’ll take you through just some of the ways your organisation can prosper through the implementation of an ERP platform.
How Does ERP Software Work?
There are some features that are common to all ERP systems. Among the common features is a shared database that is used by different people across the organisation – whether in sales, finance, HR or various other departments. This common database enables them to access the same information when making key decisions.
Our cloud-based solutions also mean that staff can access these records anywhere, any time – allowing you to make progress and get on with business no matter what else is going on.
The Benefits of Using Enterprise Resource Planning Software
A new ERP system can be a great asset to any organisation, and there are a number of benefits to implementing this kind of program. These platforms are growing in popularity as they help businesses to increase their efficiency and profitability.
This includes automated reporting, forecasting what-if scenarios, and allowing companies to access accurate information in real-time. It’s not only about data, but it’s about automating processes, so that you can make better business decisions faster by taking some of the dull, repetitive grunt work off your staff. This gives people the ability to do their jobs as quickly and effectively as possible.
Some of these advantages include:
- Automate your daily processes: Streamline the way you operate with an automated ERP software system that takes care of your daily processes for you. This frees up your staff to attend to other pressing or creative tasks which require more attention or thought.
- Scale your operations: Greater efficiency grants you the ability to scale your operations and grow your company much more efficiently.
Integration of systems: By integrating your systems, everything will work together much more seamlessly – with everything you need all in the one place.
- Provides real-time data: Access information straight away, with everything you need right at your fingertips – your current stats, how your monthly finances are tracking, records of invoices, staff timesheets, financial statements and much more.
- Easy access: Our cloud-based solutions can be accessed remotely anytime, anywhere. Taking your business on the road? There’ll be no halt to your operations as you can continue to function as normal.
- Better communication between departments: As everyone has access to the one system, your staff will all be much more on the same page in terms of daily processes and outcomes. This keeps everyone working towards the same goal.
- Reduce your overhead costs: In the current economic climate, every organisation is looking to reduce their costs. One way you can do this is to implement an ERP system, which will free up valuable resources and allow your company to operate more efficiently.
Ask us how your business can benefit from this kind of system today.
ERP vs Accounting Software – What’s the Difference?
Accounting software and ERP are not the same thing. The most obvious difference is in the size of business that relies upon them. For example, accounting programs are typically used by smaller groups, while an Enterprise Resource Planning platform is the foundation used by larger companies.
There are also key differences when it comes to features. Here are some of the main differences between accounting programs and ERP:
- ERP systems are complete suites of applications that support your staff through well defined business processes.
- ERP systems are designed to enable the automation and streamlining of a range of processes from order entry to sales invoicing – where an accounting platform simply takes care of your accounting. The ability to integrate with other processes and applications is also important – and accounting software doesn’t normally allow you to do this.
- Accounting programs typically have more limited functionality than ERP, which can be used in a broad range of industries.
- Accounting platforms are designed to process data for general business use. It doesn’t have any specific application in manufacturing or distribution, as ERP does.
Consider the specific needs of your business, and how ERP can make a difference in a wider range of processes. If you have any questions, feel free to ask our experienced consultant team.
ERP Software Takes Your Business to the Next Level
Here at Ndevr, we implement and engineer innovative ERP applications that are designed to support your business – including programs such as JD Edwards, NetSuite and MYOB Advanced. With years of expertise in the industry, our team is uniquely qualified to guide your organisation through its ERP implementation process.
We specialise in providing industry leading Enterprise Resource Planning software solutions, and we’re passionate about creating long term value for our customers.
Get in touch with us today to learn how you can scale your operations to the next level. Give us a call on (03) 9865 1400, or email us at email@example.com